The I-9 is a critical – and required – part of onboarding that many organizations treat too casually. Did you know that 76% of I-9s contain at least one error and the average penalty per form is $1,862? An organization with 1000 employees is likely facing a fine of $1.86 million for having just one error on each form!
Just why is this one form so important? I-9 worksite enforcement is a top priority for the government, with on-site inspections on the rise 400%-500% over years past. In 2018 alone, the government initiated over 5,200 I-9 inspections, up from 1,360 the entire previous fiscal year. If you think you’re immune to a government audit, think again. Companies across all industries are being targeted, including retail, manufacturing, and remote and multi-location workforces.
- Form I-9 Audit and Remediation: All Forms I-9 are audited using a multi-point inspection tool that will identify missing information, incorrect formatting, incorrect information, mis-matched information, and all other errors that could result in a fine. You will receive detailed reports of what the errors are, guidance on how to fix the forms, and trend reports for your own training purposes.
- Full-Service Subscription: As hands-off a service as there can be. A one-time complete audit and remediation of forms (see Form I-9 Audit and Remediation), new hire onboarding (see New Hire Onboarding), managing form retention and purge requirements, on-going form storage, monthly hire/termination update review, proactive support and compliance advice, on-going access to I-9 advisor.
- New Hire Onboarding: Access to our electronic portal for completing Form I-9 with data validation checkpoints (proper date formatting, proper document selection, not being able to skip required sections, etc.). Our system provides both employee and employer with guidance to complete and certify the I-9. You will use our system to create the Form I-9 properly. Includes E-Verify integration.
- Data Prep and Processing: For Audit and Remediation preparation (gathering, organizing, preparing forms and supporting documents).
- Policy and Procedure Review and Assessment: We will complete an analysis of your existing policies and procedures and provide feedback on suggested revisions or modifications.
- Training Programs: For clients with specific or unique needs, Paragon will create and deliver training tailored to meet your organization’s needs.
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Audit Support: We will work with you to prepare for an ICE investigation.
We will help you get on track, in compliance, and out of the crosshairs of the government!
WASHINGTON – U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) today announced an extension of the flexibilities in rules related to Form I-9 compliance that was granted earlier this year. On March 19, 2020, due to [...]
On Friday, March 20, 2020, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) issued temporary guidance allowing for flexibility in I-9 document verification. Please carefully read the official press release here. "Employers with employees taking physical proximity precautions due to [...]
That's right - finally! The new form and updated instructions can be found here: https://www.uscis.gov/i-9 The form itself is substantively unchanged - great news (depending on what you think of the old form)! And some [...]
The reality of the above is more prevalent today as organizations increasingly offer work-from-home options or have offices located around the country. New employees may never actually see an HR representative in person before starting their role.